Go down 
AuthorMessage
spitz
|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Server Thoughts   Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 pm

A few of u were there when i said this but this is for the rest.

I know its just a joke but we need to lay off the "hacker" comments. I can see it being a major thing that may chase people away because they dont know its just a joke. We slaughter them and then one of us says "hacker" just for fun and the thought gets put in there head. They get suspicious and next thing we know they think were a clan of hackers. Not good. Keep things like this to "Admin only" chat

Second, we talk wayyyyy too much in admin. Just admin only chat for things like that. A lot of people out there may think of it as admin abuse and leave.

Hopefully this is a start to taking care of the lack of players.

And oh yeah. make an attempt to talk to people more. get on the mic some and make them feel welcome. There has been a few occasions where i would be the only guy talkin, gets pretty lonely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|CC|DeViL
|CC| Administrator
|CC| Administrator

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 am

Am with you on this one
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://criticalcrew.cc
|CC|Snowman
|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:23 pm

Agreed, I know im guilty of most of those things Suspect I vow to change my ways!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lCClEasyKill
|CC| Administrator
|CC| Administrator

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you, but to play devils advocate (not |CC|Devil cause he was with u here:) every server i have played in does the hacker thing. Correct me if i am wrong (but be nice cause i am sensitive) I always understood that to be the comical way of saying- just because he killed you doesn't mean that he's hacking. Some ppl get upset when you get a lucky shot in and/or they call BS on legit kills. Hence the every one in css is a hacker! or so i thought.

I think as long as we are having a good time and just being ourselves ppl will have fun and want to play in the server and join-

(now to disagree a lil tiny bit) affraid
I went off (IN THE FORUMS) on a new CC member (only cc for a month or so), who trashed our clan and server over and over and over in voice but not in a joking one. I managed to end up the bad guy with several members whom he convinced i was making a big deal out of nothing. The reason i mention this, is back then, we were trying to grow the clan and we made concessions and changed our level of tolerance in several areas. At the end of the day those left standing were the like minded players that were willing to bend for the sake of growth. I pose the question- if we are doing this dd2/office 24/7 thing to get more traffic- shouldn't we be our selves and hope to attract like minded ppl? The three months of 24/7 was to grow it slow so the growth would last.

I for one LIKE a lot to frag with the CC members. I never enjoy it more than when both teams are stacked up with CC on both sides. It's 1/3 of the ppl coming in that i could do without! But i don't play well with the new kids anyway! We play well together imo- and our members and their g'manners are why I stay!

Constructive criticism is great and a lil censorship is understandable, but i don't want to change who we are for a visitor who is put off that easily. That said; seldom do i use the hacker thing and can live with or without it. I guess because i suck so bad- i don't get offended when yawl say i hac. scratch

special note: this is not a stacking or balance or inappropriate language post, please don't turn it into one

to the #1 position- or I'll die trying
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.criticalcrew.net
spitz
|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:00 pm

Ive only posted this because it has become a regular thing. every now and agin sure its ok. but for the past few times ive played its almost nonstop talk about bx hacks or so and so hacks over a kill. i understand a little fun and jokes now and again. But it has gotten EXTREMELY excessive and im sure it chases people away. If you really must joke around with it, use admin only chat. you can still joke around with the clan (those who u say u enjoy playing with so much), while keeping everyone else out of it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
epos159
|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:58 pm

rofl... I prolly do this a good bit and it is always followed with a lol or haha... indicating jesting. I don't do it nearly as much as I used to and I assume you're not talking about me because I hardly ever see you around spitz (guessing we just miss each other).

Anyway... I'll use the admin chat to say ns because if you wait till the end of the round then they're like.. what are you talking about. So I do it to compliment their play and if you build someone up they're likely to come back for more.

Also, there are times I don't use mic because my wife is sleeping and I don't want to wake her up. Otherwise I'm usually very talkative... and even without mic I usually type plenty

Just my 2cents (now I'm really broke) bet bcross all (that should get me some $$)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolCool

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:45 pm

Yay, I got my account set up yet again. I know this post is a month old but whatevs! I think we should focus more on Bcross letting ppl kill him. This will keep us from calling him a hacker. It's not us calling him a hacker that chases them off it's him never letting anyone kill him. People dont' want to play on servers where they don't have fun and if they never kill anyone they will never have fun Wink Seriously tho...I do have some real thoughts...

1. Can we get these horrid maps out of the voting options? I mean we might actually get to play something other than D2 every once in awhile if the options aren't havanna, compound, business, lost, temple, etc.

2. I seem to here more complaints about awps than anything else. Currently we start off with 16000 so anyone can buy an awp round 1, then we all or most of us exploit the spectate and back on a team to fill up. So basically what I'm saying is that pretty much every round 2 people on each team will have an awp. If we changes the monies we can atleast play a few awp free rounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|CC|Snowman
|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:27 pm

I hate to say it...who am i kidding i love to say it. I hate the awps. The biggest thing people cry and whine about is the awps and autos. my two cents.

|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:03 pm

awps get outta hand REAL fast in the server. we should try banning them or at least limiting them to maybe 1 per team

|CC| Moderator
|CC| Moderator

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:33 am

I don't mind the awp... maybe limit it to 1 per side? or we, as admins, could ban them if it is really getting out of hand?

Yes, but what maps are popular? and is it just me, or do most servers seem empty too other than the ones with "hardcore" gamers in them?

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Awps are currently limited to 2 per side.
Our round time needs to be cut back to 2 min
And our map list sux!
If we are going to continue giving 16k and having the spec exploit there will most likely be 2 awps per side every round
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lCClEasyKill
|CC| Administrator
|CC| Administrator

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Server Thoughts   Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:23 pm

i usually find one right away Sad

to the #1 position- or I'll die trying
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.criticalcrew.net